Monday, February 1, 2010

Breakfast in Bed Anyone?

My family has coined this recipe as the Breakfast Casserole. There are many forms of this wonderful casserole, and I might be biased but ours is the best. Feel free to try and out and tell me what you think.

This is a favorite of many people that I have shared it with. Isaac asked for this about every other time I see him.

This is a super simple recipe that is hard to mess up for those new to cooking.

Ingredients:

2 eggs, beaten
1lb sausage
2 cans crescent rolls
2 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese.

Preheat oven according to crescent roll directions. Start by browning your sausage, this could be done the night before if you are pressed for time in the morning. In a large bowl mix together your beaten eggs, sausage and cheddar cheese. Roll out one can of crescent rolls into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. (I find glass or stoneware works better than metal) Add you sausage mixture and top with the second can of crescent rolls. Bake 15-20 minutes or until top is golden brown. If the top looks like it is getting too brown and the bottom needs more time, you can cover with aluminum foil.

I hope you enjoy this as much as me and mine. Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment